Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you all think about this??
10-02-2014, 02:17 AM
What do you all think about this??
Hey brothers, as we approach the 175 page mark on our showroom, a question popped into my head wondering if we should separate showrooms for each make?

Now this is just an idea, so were not burning through pages in the other showroom. Plus, the OCD in me likes the idea of being able to find builds by make. I'm not sure if you all would like having to go to separate threads to see builds?

example:

Showroom: Mazda

Showroom: Honda

Showroom: Nissan

Showroom: Customs

ETC ETC.

Just a thought here, feel free to burn me at the stake if this is a waste of time idea or just plain stupid. Thanks guys

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-02-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: What do you all think about this??
I dunno dude I kinda had an idea like this for garages and it got shot down. Maybe you might have better luck than I did. I was actually thinking of making another Showroom topic, kinda like Showroom: Part 2 or something. Just so we don't have to shuffle through 150+ pages for one build.

[Image: 18930649176_17673ee047_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't mind it all being separate. But I would also really like to see the garages concept put into use, that sounded interesting.

10-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Can someone tell me more details about the garages concept? I vaguely remember but would like to hear it said again. Maybe we can try something of the sort.

10-02-2014, 02:55 AM
(10-02-2014 02:47 AM)326PowerUSA Wrote:  Can someone tell me more details about the garages concept? I vaguely remember but would like to hear it said again. Maybe we can try something of the sort.

Well, kinda think of it like an Owners Trademark kinda gig. We all have separate styles, and the Showroom thread can only hold so many builds before it gets out of hand. So instead of filling up one sole thread, we each can have our own threads that show off our own builds. Think of it as an inner discussion system within our topics. Some people said it was "arrogant" or something like that last time, but it's nothing really like that at all.. Like your own personal build thread! We can still have the Showroom thread for builds that you want everybody to see and talk about, but you can also have your own Garage thread if you want to post something that you just want the world to see. If you guys want an example, i'll whip up a quick thread.

10-02-2014, 03:00 AM
IMO that is great idea! Wote?
(10-02-2014 02:55 AM)OptimusBling Wrote:  Well, kinda think of it like an Owners Trademark kinda gig. We all have separate styles, and the Showroom thread can only hold so many builds before it gets out of hand. So instead of filling up one sole thread, we each can have our own threads that show off our own builds. Think of it as an inner discussion system within our topics. Some people said it was "arrogant" or something like that last time, but it's nothing really like that at all.. Like your own personal build thread! We can still have the Showroom thread for builds that you want everybody to see and talk about, but you can also have your own Garage thread if you want to post something that you just want the world to see. If you guys want an example, i'll whip up a quick thread.

I like that idea of the personal build threads too. It sounds like a place for each person to showcase their own work.

(10-02-2014 02:55 AM)OptimusBling Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 02:47 AM)326PowerUSA Wrote:  Can someone tell me more details about the garages concept? I vaguely remember but would like to hear it said again. Maybe we can try something of the sort.

Well, kinda think of it like an Owners Trademark kinda gig. We all have separate styles, and the Showroom thread can only hold so many builds before it gets out of hand. So instead of filling up one sole thread, we each can have our own threads that show off our own builds. Think of it as an inner discussion system within our topics. Some people said it was "arrogant" or something like that last time, but it's nothing really like that at all.. Like your own personal build thread! We can still have the Showroom thread for builds that you want everybody to see and talk about, but you can also have your own Garage thread if you want to post something that you just want the world to see. If you guys want an example, i'll whip up a quick thread.

Please do it, I am curious. I kinda still just like the separate showroom idea personally. We could all post a couple of our best old builds in each category to get the showrooms going. Still need more feedback from other members, so guys please chime in

10-02-2014, 03:10 AM
For sure, we need sorted showrooms - both ideas sound good.

Which ever gets the upper hand, it's still a win.

[Image: thing.jpg]
10-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Okay guys, lemme know how the garage thread idea works. It's a rough draft, but it has the potential to be serious!

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)