Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem 42 (it's actually an opinion)
09-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Rainbow Problem 42 (it's actually an opinion)
This might offend someone, and I apologize in advance.

I remember when STuner was in it's very early phase, don't exactly remember the date, but back when it only consisted of Silvias.
Heck, I was so fascinated I showed it to some friends of mine, who today you see regularly posting their incredible creations.
But as time passes, more and more peeps join this great community that will hopefully some day, be very large and important.

If you notice, we have 2 threads for requests.
It's a really nice feature as people have wicked ideas and recommendations, from some newbie tuners to total but obscure gear heads who know more than Wikipedia itself.

Now something about it.

People post things in the request threads as soon as they find something that they really like, and seem it would be a great addition to the car/part list.
Sure, it really shows how much people care that STuner some day grows up into something globally known.
Some folks appear only a couple of times until their wishes have been granted, it kinda doesn't work that way ya know.
On the other hand, some folks do just the opposite.
They make entire lists of parts that seem really nice, and when their parts are added, they stick to older cars as if nothing happened.
To think people would be really surprised and start doing new creations immediately, but hey, nothing to worry about, it's just a funny thing.
It's like, damn man, who is Admin doing stuff for? I'm sure not for himself.

I will be honest, it's not really nice.
And now people, I don't want you to take this seriously, or as an insult to some. Take this as a friendly tip for future.
Now keep doing amazing creations as usual, have fun, be happy, and good luck with everything!

[Image: thing.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: Problem 42 (it's actually an opinion)
I get where you're coming from.

Ultimately the idea is to simply create as many parts/options/variations as possible.
both to benefit those using it now, and those who discover it in the future.

If people goto the effort of finding photos to assist with their request, it gets a priority compared to those who say 'I WANT MOAR BODYKITS FOR MY LANCER'

make my life easier, and i'm more likely to help you out Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
09-17-2014, 11:22 AM
I agree with some points Mark-O is making.. But at the end of the day, they are just requests and the Admin will do as he pleases. Gratitude is always a good thing though. Smile

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah, guess I was kinda naggy about all this, but I'm really glad you people understood my point. Smile

On the other hand, I had a "dream" to make the largest 3D part library that people would use for their creations, until I discovered this.
Then I just started doing those "ultra rare but ugly parts" that nobody likes. Big Grin

But hey, I will post all these ideas in the part request section so others could see what I'm talking about.

[Image: thing.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)