Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
IRL rides
07-27-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: IRL rides
(07-27-2014 02:40 PM)jdmkid Wrote:  Okay so i need some input from some other people on this. So i'm looking to buy something for my car. I'm stuck between saving up for new rims/used/non-name brand or a new exhaust. For the rims SSR or Volks are out of the picture because i don't have the money. Another would be to buy some used rims off Up garage. Or just buy cheaper rims but i don't know. The last option is the exhaust, I have one in mind a flowmaster DBX and it is in my budget. So those are the things i'm looking to buy but i need some input on what I should do first.
Oh and the car in a 1990 mazda mx-5

I'm assuming you're in the US because your profile says "good ole southern boy", so I feel like buying something from up garage and shipping it to the US would be very expensive. I'd say go for the exhaust, or maybe coilovers. Just my 2 cents.

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks man i appreciate the feed back.
07-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Hey all, finally decided to be a part of the forums. This is my AE92 Corolla Seca daily:

ISC coilovers, Whiteline camber bolts, 16x7 wheels (cheap brand, but they look good in bronze), Bridgestone MY02s.

SX/GTi steering wheel and centre console lid, Kenwood head unit

SX front bumper and rear spoiler, painted rear bumper and side trims, MX83 Cressida chin spoiler.

And my AE92 Corolla Levin project car. Nothing terribly special happening to it, just restoring to stock at the moment.

Engine is being rebuilt at the moment, plans are:

Smallport 16v 4AGE, oversized pistons, (hopefully) AE82/6 bigport 4AGE cams

Good spring, shock combination (Eibach, Tein, Bilstein etc), full rebushing with Polyurethane bushes, slotted original size brake rotors, rebuilt calipers

Standard interior, but dash board repair (several large cracks) and steering wheel retrim (nice standard leather wheel, but horribly tarnished- should be getting Nardi style perforated leather retrim with red stitching), + good quality mild stereo with 2DIN head unit, microphone for hands free. Also has an SX/GTi centre console lid.

There is some rear end damage that will be bashed back into shape, and a large scratch on the drivers door that will be fixed. My bonnet also got damaged, and the only replacement that I could get was a GTZ (supercharged model, mine is a GT Apex) one, which is supposed to have a scoop, but mine is missing, so I have a bonnet with a hole in it atm lol- have to source a new scoop.

Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Prophecy for this post:
airborneimpreza (05-06-2015)
08-02-2014, 04:19 PM
He went to use my favorite Aim drugstore are actually a traffic sorry for the cells your hands but and so did the bad kind and they had the yeah paint brightens RAM frightening Ripped Muscle X cream day cream weekday spoof forty grants East is fine and I didn't have problems with her made time July sometimes I have prompted my ISP needs clothes seen his son Nicholas sometimes I know Khomeini Cession says his injuries are or friend hates
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 11:34 AM
look what i buyd todayBig Grin

[Image: 14930922175_b8ea3623d5_b.jpg]

nissan sunny,1.6 12v,it haz only 55kw,but it runs like my 2.0 102kw lantra,it is awesome to drive thisBig Grin

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gred for this post:
08-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Nice Gred looks like a blast to drive! I'm even a little bit jealous. Any plans for it? Or keep it stock and daily drive it?

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
08-16-2014, 10:57 PM
326PowerUSA:thanks,yea it runs very nicely,i did 190kph without any problem Big Grin,ye it going to be a daily driver,but i plaining to put some alus on it,better audio,maybe yellow foglights...simply these details,nothing bigBig Grin

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Hi I bought this 1970 Reliant scimitar last weekend. Doesn't run, tax disc says it hasn't been on the road for 11 years, black leather interior 4 speed manual, previously restored so very very little rust on the chassis. its hopefully going to be my daily when im 17

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Harry for this post:
OldSchoolFords (12-05-2014)
08-18-2014, 06:44 AM
True to my username, I've got a 1990 RX-7 cabrio FC3C:

[Image: 2UuTJYRl.jpg]

I'm kinda-sorta tempted to pick up a set of off-brand RS Watanabe replicas, but at the same time it's remained stock for 24 years and I just can't bring myself to break the seal.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 90FC3C for this post:
08-18-2014, 02:59 PM
(08-18-2014 06:44 AM)90FC3C Wrote:  True to my username, I've got a 1990 RX-7 cabrio FC3C:

[Image: 2UuTJYRl.jpg]

I'm kinda-sorta tempted to pick up a set of off-brand RS Watanabe replicas, but at the same time it's remained stock for 24 years and I just can't bring myself to break the seal.

Break the seal!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)