Poll: Do you like the new configuration
Yes
No
Other (post below)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
New STuner Site Config?
08-13-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 06:39 AM by gred.)
RE: New STuner Site Config?
in other words,from what i saw here and on FB page,90% dont like this...

...i wanna try out the new cars,but when i open the s-tuner,im just like....nope...and close it again...

...i still hope the old one will make a comeback...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
nvm about my complain about hex color code not working Smile I got it

[align=center]
Find all posts by this user
08-13-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 11:45 AM by Brandon.)
(08-13-2014 06:17 AM)gred Wrote:  in other words,from what i saw here and on FB page,90% dont like this...

...i wanna try out the new cars,but when i open the s-tuner,im just like....nope...and close it again...

...i still hope the old one will make a comeback...

Completely agree, I really can't get along with this new one.

EDIT: Also seeing a lot of people complaining on the facebook page about it, hopefully we'll get our old layout back..

[Image: NissanR32S.png]
08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
At first I kinda disliked it but to be honest I really like it.

Mainly because of the preview pictures, really helps when I'm trying to find the right parts
08-14-2014, 09:04 PM
I didnt like it at first.. But its defiantly grown on me, im all for it now. However colour selection needs work i think, hard to get a specific colour and when i tried adding pearl it wouldnt apply bonnet or roof?

"He asked for 13 but he drew a 31"

[Image: r741za.jpg]
08-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah, color selection is one of the things that should be refined.
Here are some advices:

First of all, as I said in my previous post, I don't really like new Javascript menu. I already mentioned the Hex code issue (you have to delete the old code, you can't simply overwrite it).

Another thing I'm not comfortable with is the fact that now you don't have a different palette for every part type, but only a single palette and some radio buttons to choose the type of parts to paint. Certainly one palette is simpler than 9, but with the previous layout you could "keep in memory" the color of every kind of part and you could do faster adjustments because of that.
Here is an example: I paint my car blue, then I paint my rims' face grey. With a single palette, I can't remember that specific blue tint if I don't copy the code somewhere. With old, multiple palettes, every tint was independent from the others, making this work easier.

Now, a suggestion for the future: could we have a transparency slider for the Car Colours tab, too? It would be much easier to make glass cars, so you would not have to paint every single panel Smile

[Image: alfaromeo75signatureruuyz.png]
08-15-2014, 10:21 AM
I'll look at why the Hex code isnt able to be over written, probably something to do with the error checking.

I'll see if i can make it remember what colour was selected for each colour type, so when you select wheel outer for example, it'll set the pallette to the last selected value.
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM
howdie.
just voicing my opinion on the layout. i dont like it, everything already mentioned pretty much echos what i think. Its to the point i dont play stuner anymore because its that enjoyable to use now. Atm trying to make a car but its just harder Sad

Shitburn McFuckles Worthinton. Yeah... im that guy.
[Image: wEDeyrv.png]
08-22-2014, 02:40 AM
I think it was fine at first. UI got in the way, but i just adjust the camera zoom and keep working. Hopefully there's a way to keep the old layout and new layout.
08-22-2014, 07:05 AM
So is the Admin downright refusing to change it? Haven't had a direct response to our complaints...

[Image: NissanR32S.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)