No
Other (post below)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
New STuner Site Config?
08-12-2014, 04:42 AM
New STuner Site Config?
This new configuration is somewhat confusing (to me at least) It makes it a little harder to navigate and find what your looking for. I also do not see the ignore parts filter. Can we have an option to switch back to the previous configuration or just get rid of the new configuration all together?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: New STuner Site Config?
I, personally, don't like it. The preview images etc. are nice but the layout is ugly, I preferred the original layout where we had the nice buttons on screen for each section.
The fullscreen option is awesome but it sucks that we can't build cars in full screen because we have to keep leaving fullscreen to get parts from the menus.

[Image: NissanR32S.png]
08-12-2014, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 05:36 AM by gred.)
i liked everything new that got added....until nowUndecided sorry,but thats UI is quite messy,hard to orient in and such,hex colors are gone too,and since i was using them most of the time,it quite sucks for me...i even liked the previous color picker more,to be honest....can we just get the old UI back please?Huh

i was at work today,noticed the updates at fb when i checked at phone,first good thing in this day,i though,i was excited,and couldnt wait to get home to see it....

...im sad now...seeing it how it looks now,its just makes me sad...

on other hand,there are things i dig,ability to import graphics to front and rear...also the licence plates are cool,BUT! it would be also nice to have an ability to edit the plate model itself,its in pretty weird size,so japanese or us plate dont fit at all,its just too wide,also it would be nice if we could rotate the plates,too...or do a new model of plate in US/JP size,that would be best...

can we hear a reasons why whole UI got changed?actually i didnt noticed anywhere,at the forums,or the FB page that someone complained about the old one...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2014, 05:42 AM
(08-12-2014 05:26 AM)gred Wrote:  hex colors are gone too,and since i was using them most of the time,it quite sucks for me...i even liked the previous color picker more,to be honest....

I forgot about this! I agree, I much prefer the old colour selection system too.

I never thought there was anything wrong with the UI, the previous version was absolutely fine for me so I would also like to know why it was changed.

08-12-2014, 07:07 AM
I don't know where to put this, but could we get the color code back I use that with Instant Eyedropper to get custom color Sad

[align=center]
08-12-2014, 08:33 AM
(08-12-2014 05:26 AM)gred Wrote:  on other hand,there are things i dig,ability to import graphics to front and rear...also the licence plates are cool,BUT! it would be also nice to have an ability to edit the plate model itself,its in pretty weird size,so japanese or us plate dont fit at all,its just too wide,also it would be nice if we could rotate the plates,too...or do a new model of plate in US/JP size,that would be best...

another thing is that the plate material is too dark so if that could be helped too

[Image: ohyeahboi.png]
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I do not like the new layout either. Granted, I have only done one build on the new layout, but I did not like it at all.

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
08-12-2014, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 12:22 PM by Admin.)
(08-12-2014 05:26 AM)gred Wrote:  can we hear a reasons why whole UI got changed?actually i didnt noticed anywhere,at the forums,or the FB page that someone complained about the old one...

People complained that the old menu got in the way.
People zoomed the screen out to get as close to full screen as possible, then complained when they couldn't find the screenshot/save/load buttons.
Drop Down lists were getting clunky with so many parts and longer names.
loading a bulk load of images for the previews was causing issues.
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM
i guess i dont see that sort of stuff but i never had a problem with the old UI. kind of sounds like the few people that complained straight at the source got what they wanted. just seems like the new UI takes up more of the screen then the previous UI. I would think that this UI would be more confusing for the ones that complained about the old UI.
08-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Why not just have a button to hide the UI rather than having an entirely new UI? The old UI never got in the way for me on a 1080p monitor.
As for the screenshot/save/load buttons, the way they are at the moment is fine.
The drop down lists were never a problem for me, either. I agree with jrock, I think this new UI is actually far more clunky than the original.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)