Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Graphics settings?
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Graphics settings?
I was wondering if it'd be possible to add graphics options to STuner? It's great as is, but I wonder every time I use it how good it'd look if it actually utilized the hardware my gaming rig has in it. Maybe just some toggles to turn on or off better shadows and anti aliasing? Or maybe if STuner was a launchable exe I'd be able to force some of this stuff through AMD's Catalyst Control Center.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Graphics settings?
Would love a downloadable version in fullscreen with some better lighting and backgrounds etc.!

[Image: NissanR32S.png]
08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Shadows are tricky, realtime shadows are possible, and it somewhat already does it on parts of the car.
But in order to have a decent draw distance, the shadows end up hazy.

The environments have the lighting baked, so realtime shadows on these would look odd.

Anti Alaising should already be there if the hardware is capable.
08-06-2014, 01:10 AM
(08-05-2014 02:21 PM)Admin Wrote:  Shadows are tricky, realtime shadows are possible, and it somewhat already does it on parts of the car.

The environments have the lighting baked, so realtime shadows on these would look odd.

Okay, understandable.

(08-05-2014 02:21 PM)Admin Wrote:  Anti Alaising should already be there if the hardware is capable.

[Image: 4qSR8aO.jpg]

Is the AA only to a certain degree? I know my PC is capable of much more AA than that, I have a 280X.

Thanks for the reply!
08-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Honestly, I actually don't even use the Shadows. No offense to Admin, but I just think the checkered shadows look strange. Everything else works great though, no complaints!

[Image: 18930649176_17673ee047_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2014, 07:06 AM
OptimusBling: exactly

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2014, 09:54 AM
(08-06-2014 01:10 AM)SMN Design Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 02:21 PM)Admin Wrote:  Shadows are tricky, realtime shadows are possible, and it somewhat already does it on parts of the car.

Okay, understandable.

(08-05-2014 02:21 PM)Admin Wrote:  Anti Alaising should already be there if the hardware is capable.

Is the AA only to a certain degree? I know my PC is capable of much more AA than that, I have a 280X.

Thanks for the reply!

If you look through the showroom thread, you'll see a lot of the images posted don't have the visible jaggies.

Yours is certainly not using it, my work PC and Laptop don't use it, but my gaming machine does.

I'm guessing theres some limitation between Flash's Stage3D and some hardware.

I'll look into if there is anything that can be done to enable/disable or atleast report status of it.
08-06-2014, 09:56 AM
(08-06-2014 09:54 AM)Admin Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 01:10 AM)SMN Design Wrote:  

Okay, understandable.

Thanks for the reply!

If you look through the showroom thread, you'll see a lot of the images posted don't have the visible jaggies.

Yours is certainly not using it, my work PC and Laptop don't use it, but my gaming machine does.

I'm guessing theres some limitation between Flash's Stage3D and some hardware.

I'll look into if there is anything that can be done to enable/disable or atleast report status of it.

Glad to hear, thanks for taking the time to look into this!
08-08-2014, 06:01 PM
(08-06-2014 09:54 AM)Admin Wrote:  If you look through the showroom thread, you'll see a lot of the images posted don't have the visible jaggies.

fwiw, I get rid of mine my resizing in Photoshop, not in-app

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)