TUTORIALS
03-24-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: TUTORIALS
whats the paint number for chrome ?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2015, 07:55 AM
(03-24-2015 07:41 AM)kouhaii Wrote:  whats the paint number for chrome ?

There is no such a thing. Use the paint slider to get chrome. Wink

[Image: rr7c6p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Juucso for this post:
kouhaii (03-24-2015)
03-26-2015, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 06:49 AM by Hoqx_Destiny.)
Not sure if this has been done before or if this can count as a tutorial but here it is
Its a Hella supertone look alike often seen on WRX and Evos,
[Image: scoob_zps0xakyokm.jpg]
The subwoofer split apart from its bottom half like so;
[Image: scoob%202_zpsjgdvbcpy.jpg]
I used Mesh 4 from the global parts to form the grill;
[Image: scoob3_zpsgrtxxsnl.jpg]
Now its just a case of moving the speaker behind the grill, copying it and positioning the copy. Easy!
Side note, the mesh is funny with the speakers when the colour is changed and the transparency isn't 100% up.
This is what happens when the MESH colour is changed but the transparency isn't all the way up;
[Image: scoon%205_zpsvixaraqd.jpg]
Thanks for readingHeartBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Hoqx_Destiny for this post:
Lonewarrior515 (04-15-2015), Racedriver117 (04-03-2015)
03-26-2015, 06:45 AM
You can change the colour of the mesh, the way you have it it might be transparent. That is why you see through it, if not it's a bug.

[Image: 22031069704_e9d657df74_b.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to emptypie for this post:
Hoqx_Destiny (03-26-2015)
03-26-2015, 06:47 AM
(03-26-2015 06:45 AM)emptypie Wrote:  You can change the colour of the mesh, the way you have it it might be transparent. That is why you see through it, if not it's a bug.

Yeh just looked into it, my transparency was on 99% or something and has to be all the way up to not bug out.
Cheersss :thumbup:
03-27-2015, 12:04 AM
could somebody explain how to mirror specific engine parts. For example when creating a v12, mirror an inline 6 tubular manifold to put on other side. Or when doing a twin turbo H4 motor to mirror the turbo so that they face towards the center.
Attached is image of mirrored turbo on the subaru motor.
Thank you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-27-2015, 12:36 AM
set the width to max left
04-09-2015, 06:22 AM
(08-07-2014 04:55 AM)gred Wrote:  many of you asked for this,so here it is

first of all i must say,i not going to teach u with photoshop here,there are tutorials for this,+ i dont even use photoshop,i will show you what to do when you have some done paintjob already,but hopefully this will help you incase,for example,you want to use a paintjob from lfs,and such...

so this is our car,on wich we want to do the graphics

and this is our graphics,i did a quick simple paintjob for purposes of this tut

side:

[Image: 14658738270_a87237c645_b.jpg]

note: the side MUST be from left view of car,even in case you trying to put graphics from right side!

and bonnet:

[Image: 14842349081_24828e9e6b_o.png]

now first what you must to do,paint the car white,this is important,because when you import the pj over that stock red,it will look pretty funky,also you dont have to,but what i do most of the times when i do graphics,i make the car non metallic,you set that by that right slider,just slide it to the left

now,double click on doors,or whatever where you want,select paint part,and then click on import graphics

keep it on "side" option click "import"choose your side paintjob from your pc...this will happen,now you must fit it by these marked sliders to exact position

work with it untill you arent fully statisfied,also, in case of side,left/right slider is for up and down,and up and down slider is for left/right! in case of graphics from top it is how its supposed to be

so sides would be done,now bonnet,first what you must do,is click the bonnet,select "paint part",first paint the bonnet to white with no metallic,this is important,because if you will import graphics right away,they wont import only on bonnet,but whole car,over the side paintjob,after you do that,click "import graphics"

what is also important,change from "side" to "top" or else it will look pretty weird too,then import the bonnet paintjob from your pc

and again work with it by these sliders,until youre satisfied with it

and this is it!

and thats it! hopefully this will help to someone,this is just the basic tutorial,but you will get into itWink
When I do that, it spreads all across the car.
04-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Make sure to paint the individual part that you want the graphic to be applied to in order to avoid this! ^

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PTARIStyle for this post:
gred (04-09-2015), HeyDayJordan (04-20-2015)
04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
How do you copy a whole wheel...? I see other people do it, but I have no idea how

Here are My Hopes and Dreams
[Image: giphy.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)