Poll: Should we have competitions?
Competitions.
No competitions.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Competitions
07-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Smile Competitions
Hi all, new to the forum and was just thinking of having something like a weekly and monthly competition or something? Just to give a bit of flavour to the site. Big Grin Oh, and some more Toyotas would be nice Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: Competitions
That could be fun, a little friendly competition is always good.

07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
We could have different themes, and types of cars every time. e.g. Drag Trucks, Drift cars, Skylines etc.
07-21-2014, 03:24 AM
I think it would be good for us to test ourselves, but i'm dropping out if anybody gets a god complex hahaha

[Image: 18930649176_17673ee047_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2014, 03:50 AM
Since everyone is wanting this to happen, let's do it.

Suggestions for the first competition? Here are some possibilities. These will be the categories for builds. Open to further suggestion also.

Drift Cars Category
Stance Category
Time Attack Category
Rotary Powered Category
Drag Car Category
One Make Category

ETC.

There will be one competition weekly, 5 days seems long enough. Will begin on Monday and winner will be chosen by Saturday morning USA time.

Realistic builds will be rewarded, but don't let that stop the creativity. Only rule in place as of yet, for competition PhotoShop will not be allowed. S-Tuner only and no further modification.

SOoooo, what shall the first competition be? And how shall they be judged? I'm thinking 3 judges.

Anyway guys, these are my thoughts. Let's make it happen.

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
07-21-2014, 04:02 AM
(07-21-2014 03:50 AM)326PowerUSA Wrote:  Since everyone is wanting this to happen, let's do it.

Suggestions for the first competition? Here are some possibilities. These will be the categories for builds. Open to further suggestion also.

Drift Cars Category
Stance Category
Time Attack Category
Rotary Powered Category
Drag Car Category
One Make Category

ETC.

There will be one competition weekly, 5 days seems long enough. Will begin on Monday and winner will be chosen by Saturday morning USA time.

Realistic builds will be rewarded, but don't let that stop the creativity. Only rule in place as of yet, for competition PhotoShop will not be allowed. S-Tuner only and no further modification.

SOoooo, what shall the first competition be? And how shall they be judged? I'm thinking 3 judges.

by no photoshop you mean no paintjobs,or no next editing of saved pics?

07-21-2014, 04:31 AM
(07-21-2014 04:02 AM)gred Wrote:  
(07-21-2014 03:50 AM)326PowerUSA Wrote:  Since everyone is wanting this to happen, let's do it.

Drift Cars Category
Stance Category
Time Attack Category
Rotary Powered Category
Drag Car Category
One Make Category

ETC.

by no photoshop you mean no paintjobs,or no next editing of saved pics?

Correct, skins can be applied through S-Tuner, but to keep an even playing field for all users no further modification after the photo is saved through stuner.

[Image: ttjaMrm.jpg]
07-21-2014, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 05:02 AM by OptimusBling.)
How about a Restoration Competition? Judges can pick 3 cars from scrapyards, and people have to build something out of nothing. Perhaps an Off-Road Challenge? Make the best Baja-themed truck/car/bike? How are we going to pick the judges too? I think the judges should be the Admin, 326, and whoever the winner of the past contest is. You can only judge twice in a row though, after 3 times you should have to step down and reward the judge with whoever was second, or third. The PS skins, I am kinda worried about. People like me, who don't use Photoshop, get put into kind of a disadvantage. I just feel like people are going to lean more towards the realistic, decaled-up car instead of the clean, plain car. I would allow PS, but only in certain competitions.

[Image: 18930649176_17673ee047_z.jpg]
07-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Can we please do this, like start a thread every week with the theme and end date. sounds like the best idea ever
07-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I reckon we could have the top three builders from the previous competition judge. But I also like OptimusBling's idea.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)