Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Build] '97 Eclipse First Car Build
12-14-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 03:42 PM by Tofu_Warrior.)
Brick [Build] '97 Eclipse First Car Build
[This whole thread is going to be RP'd from the perspective of me if I got my license and bought an Eclipse. Enjoy.]

Several months ago I got my driver's license and found myself looking for a car. I didn't have a lot of money to play with, and resorted to looking for mechanic's specials on Craigslist... Eventually I found this horrible looking '97 Eclipse, owned by a guy in his early 30s trying to sell it for $650. It was about 3 years out of registration, and hadn't been driven in nearly 2 years. After asking why, I found out that it used to be street raced, which I used to convince him to drop $100 off the price, which he agreed to. I got a friend of mine to tow it with his truck, and once it was home I immediately started cleaning the 27 years of grime out of it. I'd love to do a total interior re-haul, but I can't afford it, so I'm trying to salvage what I can. I rented a steam cleaner from the grocery store according to MCM's advice, which helped expedite the process a ton, and the inside of the car no longer smells like rotting vegetables.

Here's what it looked like after I cleaned the inside and gave the exterior a wash:
[Image: image.png]

Obviously, the taillights are missing, along with the back half of the exhaust and the bumpers. I'm desperately hoping I can find something at the scrapyard near me, since I would REALLY like to avoid paying full price for OEM replacements...

The next day I was hanging out with some friends, so no work happened on the car, but I was able to work on removing the fugly body kit on Sunday. The rear flares(if they can be called that) were absolute hell to get off, the guy must have used some caulk to hold them on the car...

I had some light left after I finished with that, so I rolled the car into the driveway and worked on restoring the headlights with some leftover Meguiars stuff in the garage. Worked pretty well, so there's another part I won't need to replace.

Before:

After:

Paint is an obvious concern at the moment, but for now I'm just going to focus on getting the car completed so I can use it to get around. Suspension mods are also on the list, as I'd like for this to be a hybrid daily driver/track day car that I can take to the track on the weekends. Regardless, any ideas for parts or colors are appreciated. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tofu_Warrior for this post:
JoblessFatal (01-13-2017)
01-13-2017, 02:35 AM
RE: [Build] '97 Eclipse First Car Build
Really liking this thread! Thinking of Starting my own.

http://i.imgur.com/cAqf3TF.gif
01-13-2017, 09:22 AM
JoblessFatal: pls dont.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gred for this post:
ian_f (01-24-2017)
01-13-2017, 10:49 AM
(01-13-2017 09:22 AM)gred Wrote:  JoblessFatal: pls dont.

Gred do you have a problem with people that do threads like this? Nobody says this about SLRR Rp related threads on their forums. Undecided

http://i.imgur.com/cAqf3TF.gif
01-14-2017, 04:41 AM
yes because this is slrr
01-14-2017, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 04:43 AM by OMGahd.)
(01-13-2017 10:49 AM)JoblessFatal Wrote:  
(01-13-2017 09:22 AM)gred Wrote:  JoblessFatal: pls dont.

Gred do you have a problem with people that do threads like this? Nobody says this about SLRR Rp related threads on their forums. Undecided

there are no slrr rp threads here i think

either way that has nothing to do with what gred implied
01-14-2017, 04:52 AM
JoblessFatal: i dont have a problem with peoples that do threads like this,but with the threads themselfs,because its super cringy and stupid.

i used to be in slrr for several years a while ago,and back then there wasnt any rp threads around.i left it because the game is trash and noone did anthing besides stanced cars wich was boring,too...if they now do this RP bullshit too,wich is even more retarded in case of slrr than in stuner,and nobody tryes to stop it then wow...the slrr community went into even bigger shits than i could ever imagine,lol

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)