Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Imgur Block Help
09-03-2016, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 12:04 AM by CaptainCheez.)
Imgur Block Help
Hey guys, I have a problem. For some reason, imgur is blocked by my ISP. This means that I can't go to imgur nor can I see pictures that are uploaded on its server. I see that a decent amount of pics here in the forums are uploaded on imgur. This sucks for me because I can't see those pics at all. It just shows a broken image icon.

I'll try to be as detailed about the problem as I can. My ISP blocked imgur, and even Vimeo and Reddit, because it contains "inappropriate" content and not informative and meaningful content. We all know this is bull because these websites are full of useful and meaningful content. It's no doubt that there might be a little bit of NSFW content, but there are much, MUCH more good content than bad.

So, my question to you all is this. What should I do? What do you think about the problem that I'm having? The following attachment is what I get when I access imgur (it's in Indonesian). Please help.

TRANSLATION:
This site cannot be accessed because it contains p0rn0graphy, gambling, phishing, SARA and PROXY (whatever the last two mean)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 2hchy0k.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: Imgur Block Help
idk what country you live in but maybe the government blocked it. try some other websites. unless youre accessing imgur on school lol
09-03-2016, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 12:19 PM by CaptainCheez.)
I'm using my own data.all other sites except for imgur, vimeo and reddit arent blocked.

09-03-2016, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 12:58 PM by K's Garage.)
probably just a blanket ban on content by your isp, get a new provider that doesn't block shit, or put up with it.

im sure theres a way to get around it though.

[Image: kfZVPbs.jpg]
09-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Funny thing is those 3 sites are accessible on school wifi lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)