Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Community Competition #1 - Drift Cars
11-17-2014, 02:46 AM
Community Competition #1 - Drift Cars
Theme
Drift Cars! I've chosen a very open, generic theme to get us started. The winner of this competition will pick the theme for the next competition.

Theme Restrictions

S-Tuner cars ONLY, no imports from CommoConfigurator, FalconBuilder. (And NO 911s! Wink )

Cars MUST feature a full rollcage!

General Rules

All entries are limited to 4 images - So you can have a Front, Back, Side and engine/bonus shot, for example.

NO old builds to be used.

No photoshop edits of the screenshots, however you can use photoshop and other tools to create paintjobs for your car.

Entries MUST be submitted to this thread by 10PM GMT Friday 21st

[Image: NissanR32S.png]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: Community Competition #1 - Drift Cars
What about the last competition? And Drift Cars...? That's about as open and nonspecific as any comp could be. No offense, but there's not really any imagination, or really even a theme here since really any car can be a drift car in the right setup. I think we should close the book on one comp before we even have another one, let alone one with such a generic theme.

[Image: 18930649176_17673ee047_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2014, 04:10 AM
The last comp needs to be judged. These ones will be voted on using a poll.

I chose a generic, easy theme to get the competitions started, whoever wins can pick the next theme and make it as complex and wacky as they want.

If you don't like it, don't join in. Simple.

11-17-2014, 04:15 AM
(11-17-2014 04:10 AM)Brandon Wrote:  The last comp needs to be judged. These ones will be voted on using a poll.

I chose a generic, easy theme to get the competitions started, whoever wins can pick the next theme and make it as complex and wacky as they want.

If you don't like it, don't join in. Simple.

Wasn't that the goal of the last comp though? Whoever won would get to pick their own idea. Nothing against you, I just think it's kinda wonky to go ahead and make a comp when the last one isn't even done yet. But I mean, whatever you wanna do then go ahead.

11-17-2014, 04:18 AM
(11-17-2014 04:15 AM)OptimusBling Wrote:  Wasn't that the goal of the last comp though? Whoever won would get to pick their own idea. Nothing against you, I just think it's kinda wonky to go ahead and make a comp when the last one isn't even done yet. But I mean, whatever you wanna do then go ahead.

This is nothing to do with the main competitions run by the Admin.

The last one not being done yet is the whole reason I've started this one. With this system we can get competitions running regularly.

Now can we keep this thread to entries, please?

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Brandon for this post:
paigerow (11-18-2014)
11-17-2014, 04:23 AM
(11-17-2014 04:18 AM)Brandon Wrote:  
(11-17-2014 04:15 AM)OptimusBling Wrote:  Wasn't that the goal of the last comp though? Whoever won would get to pick their own idea. Nothing against you, I just think it's kinda wonky to go ahead and make a comp when the last one isn't even done yet. But I mean, whatever you wanna do then go ahead.

This is nothing to do with the main competitions run by the Admin.

The last one not being done yet is the whole reason I've started this one. With this system we can get competitions running regularly.

Now can we keep this thread to entries, please?

Like I said, you can do whatever you want, I just don't understand the point of having two different comps. That's just taking up space and room. Also, one should be able to ask questions about something in a thread that's differentiating from the norm. You should be open to questions, and anything else that comes up if you're planning to do something like this. I'm not trying to sabotage or bother the shit out of you, and I wish the best of luck to your idea.

11-17-2014, 04:55 AM
what's the reward?

[Image: aSqqP14.jpg]

garage

unlimited

flickr
11-17-2014, 09:08 AM
the reward is fun, pushing yourself, practicing, and for some doing a build they never done before

[align=center]
11-17-2014, 10:54 AM
It said that no old builds, but my itasha/drift car is not done yet, but I have posted photos of it. Can I use it?

[Image: rr7c6p.jpg]
11-17-2014, 11:26 AM
(11-17-2014 10:54 AM)Juucso Wrote:  It said that no old builds, but my itasha/drift car is not done yet, but I have posted photos of it. Can I use it?

Cars must be built purely for this competition. It wouldn't be fair on others for you to have a huge head start.

That car is looking good so far though, keep working on it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)