Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc)
10-15-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc)
(10-15-2014 04:49 AM)gred Wrote:  Argonaut:i know working with dff,wich is gta sa models format,the most ofc,but i used to convert cars from all kinds of formats...

I was asking the other guy, but nvm- you seem to have better skills than me. The current Export option presents a .3dt archive which contains the following:

[Image: KS15hRYH7hiIoIEk00TX-rnOf-xOFQu6iaEkKYJw1rc]

However, the .3dm file, no matter how much I tried to decrypt it still relies on the other two files for co-ordinates, size references and part references so it's too specific to extract the data in my mind.

Admin.. why u no export to .obj? (pls Sad )

Dorifuto!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2014, 07:48 AM
(10-15-2014 04:54 AM)Argonaut Wrote:  I was asking the other guy, but nvm

oh,sorry then,hahaha

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2014, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 08:42 AM by Admin.)
To put it simply, because people just rip stuff off.

the 3dt files are produced to enable a way to get the data in/out of this application.

I've provided a range of models to modders in the past, but its on a case by case basis.

When STuner and its variants were first designed, the intention was to keep it simple.

pick wheels/bodykits etc, just the standard exterior options.
no custom editing, no scaling/adjusting, no interior, no engine.

the idea was that you'd be able to knock something up in about 5minutes and that was it.

the save feature was an after thought and has limitations, was only implemented as people created more and more complex creations and were spending significant time in doing so.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Admin for this post:
tankS15 (10-23-2014)
10-15-2014, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 08:53 PM by Mark-o!.)
If S-Tuner had options for exporting, it would be "just another way to get a model" and you would virtually pay no attention to the actual thing.

People would give requests for cars, aero's, wheels and so, then just in 3 clicks it's "your desired model for *insert game* ", and then you would get a whole flock of idiots who would go like "hurr durr my model must be HQ" or "plis gibe _____", yeah you get the drill. And people would start being ungrateful.

I don't know how to write this otherwise but, that whole idea should just completely stay away.

I probably said this before in another topic, but I will say it again -
S-Tuner is what it is. A FREE online car tuner for all kinds of people who help it grow bit by bit. And that's why it's special.
You don't need any skills to make it look outstanding - just creativity and imagination.
If it gets another meaning, it won't be it anymore. But converters won't mind because it will do like 80% of the job for them.

Be real chumps and start making your own stuff - you will later appreciate your own work, trust me. Wink

[Image: thing.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Mark-o! for this post:
OMGahd (10-16-2014), PTARIStyle (10-16-2014), tankS15 (10-23-2014)
10-16-2014, 02:55 AM
(10-15-2014 08:40 AM)Admin Wrote:  To put it simply, because people just rip stuff off.

the 3dt files are produced to enable a way to get the data in/out of this application.

I've provided a range of models to modders in the past, but its on a case by case basis.

When STuner and its variants were first designed, the intention was to keep it simple.

pick wheels/bodykits etc, just the standard exterior options.
no custom editing, no scaling/adjusting, no interior, no engine.

the idea was that you'd be able to knock something up in about 5minutes and that was it.

the save feature was an after thought and has limitations, was only implemented as people created more and more complex creations and were spending significant time in doing so.

*Sigh* Your point is so right, so clear, same with Mark's aswell.. even if there was one, I could- scrap that, I'd promise- that people would just flock in there droves to furiously demand whatever they wanted and It'd ruin the community.

However, the point of the model being simple is the point I'm getting at- the main parts which I could adapt to my own liking within an editor, as creating a Car body and UV mapping/etc are one of the trickiest things to do without experience/time. So, just as a last ask, if you do have any of those specific files provided to people that of course you'd be happy sharing, then I'd love to have them. And with that, case closed. Idea

Dorifuto!
10-16-2014, 10:16 AM
(10-14-2014 09:16 AM)Argonaut Wrote:  Hi there,

It literally kills to see my creations sit there on a web page doing nothing but being screenshot bait when I have the tools and skills available to get a decent model with a couple of added textures and all doors/parts mapped out into GTA IV within half a day's work.

I mean, to quote the intro, the images I create will be of personal use only which would then be modified into my own work through alterations in 3DS Max-there are many reasons why this is just an extension of the editor, you just get a downloadable version of it which you could say that after exporting, stuner.net is not responsible for any actions you choose to do with that model, ie wiping your hands clean of any possible threats that could point back to this website.

See? Practically everybody's happy. Apart from Ebola. He's never happy. Just an idea that i'd love to see your opinions upon.

It would be very cool, though i have mods already but yeah that would be cool

“You don’t even have a license yet, why do you like cars so much?? They are just a transportation blah blah blah…”

When the day I go past your third hand minivan in a built sports car, You will realize why you are wrong.

Angel
10-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Tbh if Stuner had an export option it'd probably just turn into a place for people to really easily create and export models for modding rather than a tool for car enthusiasts.
10-23-2014, 08:11 AM
(10-22-2014 10:32 PM)Yung Petrol Wrote:  Tbh if Stuner had an export option it'd probably just turn into a place for people to really easily create and export models for modding rather than a tool for car enthusiasts.

Who are probably car enthusiasts aswell y'know.. generalising people because of what they do isn't accurate 99% of the time.

Dorifuto!
10-23-2014, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 07:28 PM by tankS15.)
it would be cool to mod cars from stuner to lfs so then i could drive them Big Grin but i think if this were to ever happen, the base models would probably only have to be available for download then they have to go to 3dsmax etc and get their own parts

"Straight roads don't make skilful drivers" - Paulo Coelho
RB Drift NSX - 4 Rotor
[Image: RBNSXDrift.jpg]
RB Drift S15 - SR20
[Image: S15_Drift_Pixel.jpg]
10-24-2014, 01:46 AM
tankS15:im sure this will never happen...btw,did you tryed to made a car for lfs?this is one of the most modding unfriendly games i have ever modded....

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)