Car Builder Forums
IRL rides - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: IRL rides (/showthread.php?tid=80)

RE: IRL rides - AllOfTheCars - 03-30-2016 11:21 PM

(03-29-2016 03:15 AM)gas23 Wrote:  $4000 for one fender?! that can't be right, you can buy two replacement front and paint them for probably less than $800

No my front fenders are perfectly fine... I was referring to the rear where I have a lot of rust and bondo (probably even more bondo will be added over the summer)... I only have rust on my hood, my sideskirts, my drivers side door, and my rear quarter panels... I am hopefully getting a door in the junkyard soon though... The hood and trunk are only surface rust, and the sideskirts aren't noticeable (I want to get the GT skirt covers anyways, so nobody will be able to see the rust)... I am going to have to do something about the rear quarter panels though because that is getting bad. I just don't think it is a good idea to roll the fenders in the back when they are half made out of bondo

RE: IRL rides - MazdaSpeed_Life - 03-31-2016 12:37 PM

Never posted irl ride so here it is.
Don't have many pics so this might be a bad pic, ignore trash.
This was about 2 years ago before some minor mods, like HID's, toyo tires, intake, interior redesign, mad tight decals yo, etc.
Love my car though, it handles amazingly and it is really quick with few engine mods.

[Image: oDrg924h.jpg]

RE: IRL rides - AllOfTheCars - 03-31-2016 02:02 PM

Got my roof spoiler on, and I messed up the position of it, so I am going to have to drill more holes in my trunk... It looks epic, but I drilled the holes so that I can't open my trunk... I am hopefully going to fix it this weekend, but it all depends on the weather

RE: IRL rides - Cooper - 03-31-2016 03:37 PM

Did you think these things through before or just drill holes for fun and hoped it would work?

RE: IRL rides - HeyDayJordan - 03-31-2016 07:09 PM

So... Sold both my BG Familia & my Astina. Was hard letting them both go as one was my first car & the other got me onto my open license. But yeah, Familia was auto so had no need for it & the Astina had sooo much hate on it I just had enough...

Anyway, getting a rollcage in the Clio sometime soon. Bring it back into the race life it one had. Might get a blood-orange Clio 182 Trophy sometime to & keep that clean. But yeah, that's that for now.

RE: IRL rides - Cooper - 03-31-2016 08:36 PM

Clios are pretty rad cars. Got any pics?

RE: IRL rides - YoDonny - 03-31-2016 11:43 PM

(03-31-2016 02:02 PM)AllOfTheCars Wrote:  Got my roof spoiler on, and I messed up the position of it, so I am going to have to drill more holes in my trunk... It looks epic, but I drilled the holes so that I can't open my trunk... I am hopefully going to fix it this weekend, but it all depends on the weather

Lol you didnt just drill holes in comparison to the GT you got it from?

RE: IRL rides - AllOfTheCars - 04-01-2016 12:13 AM

(03-31-2016 11:43 PM)YoDonny Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 02:02 PM)AllOfTheCars Wrote:  Got my roof spoiler on, and I messed up the position of it, so I am going to have to drill more holes in my trunk... It looks epic, but I drilled the holes so that I can't open my trunk... I am hopefully going to fix it this weekend, but it all depends on the weather

Lol you didnt just drill holes in comparison to the GT you got it from?

I did... I measured everything out and did everything the way it should have been done, but I think that the holes I made toward the top of the trunk might not be big enough which is why the spoiler catches because it isn't locking in all the way... It isn't a huge deal though

RE: IRL rides - AllOfTheCars - 04-01-2016 02:25 AM

Here is how the spoiler looks... It makes the back look way more aggressive... Not being able to open my trunk is so worth it
[Image: image_zpsnvltjeu4.jpeg]
[Image: image_zps7ytnkpdl.jpeg]
[Image: image_zps8agr3hgy.jpeg]
[Image: image_zps3mtf6f6m.jpeg]

Next on the agenda is window tint and low... I might need to get some different tires in order to go lower though because I am pretty sure I have truck tires, and I have a crazy offset and will need to run some camber in order to tuck the wheels so they don't rub... I might not get to painting it white this summer, but it should still be cool... If it isn't painted, I will at least try and repair my rust.

RE: IRL rides - HeyDayJordan - 04-03-2016 08:27 PM

Soo, the person I'm sold the Mazda to might give it back to me due to the need for an automatic (See, people hate this car lol) , soo the riced out rat-rod Mazda project will continue again shortly. Soo, decisions on fitment. Either bolt-on flares or cambered out coilover life. Might go for the coilovers. Way too many Imprezas around with flares down here. But yeah, hovercraft fitment ftw! Just need to touch up the bumpers. Was going to do the roofrack rail delete, but that will mean taking out the headlining, so might just go full on & get a roof basket. Besides, I still have the roof-racks & windfairing in the caravan. Might go back to stock wheels again. Also, need to get the exhaust fixed as I remember the resonator is too wide and I think one of the brackets is broken, so might get a narrower resonator. Any ideas on where to get tyre letters?