Car Builder Forums
IRL rides - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: IRL rides (/showthread.php?tid=80)

RE: IRL rides - TheTurbolessTurbo - 05-08-2015 09:58 AM

Alright, car updates.

I get my learners permit in about a month, and a car within the next 6 months or so.

My family, being a car loving family, has an interest in cars so they completely understand I want something that I can modify.

Now, my mom especially loves VW's and I have proposed the idea of a classic, 70's Beetle. She is fairly sold on the idea, but the only challenge is finding a clean, good condition one. If we find one, here is a list of possible mods I would like to do.

MOD LIST
----------

WHEELS & SUSPENSION:

Don't have the paycheck do get anything brand name or super-duper fancy, so, you may crucify me for this, but I am looking at cheaper companies, one of which being..... XXR *feel free to boo and hiss as you please*

Some Options I Am Interested In

XXR 537

[Image: _537_silver_ml_front.jpg]

XXR 538

[Image: _538_black_ml_front.jpg]

STR 512

[Image: STR512_1580_WHITEMACHINELIP-WM-2.jpg]

As you can see, I am going for that classic, refined look. The car will likely be on coil overs with a sub -5 camber "stance". If you know any other cheap wheel companies besides XXR, STR, ESR and Diamond Racing let me know!

ENGINE:

Probably nothing too exciting. It is going to be a daily and it is already a fairly old car, so I don't want to put the reliability on edge.

EXTERIOR:

For exterior, I want to keep somewhat original and clean. I know I definitely want some of the following...

Roof Rack Similar To Pictured Here
[Image: roofrack.jpg]

Yellow Headlights
[Image: bug-show-spa-2013-08-03-092734-788x525.jpg]

Exhaust Like Below, But I Doubt My Neighbors Would Appreciate It
[Image: 22694390002_large.jpg]

INTERIOR:

Nothing too much, like to keep it classy.

GRIP ROYAL Wooden Steering Wheel

[Image: db_file_img_1588_460xauto.jpg]

Some Form Of Radio Upgrade With An AUX Imput

---------

Other then that, not much really to talk about. Feel free to give suggestions, input or criticism about my plans, it is appreciated.

Topkek m8s.

RE: IRL rides - YoDonny - 05-08-2015 10:08 AM

Oops, sorry about the huge pics. Was uploading via my phone, it's a 190e 2.3 8v.

Plugged in the battery and she started right up. No slow cranking or anything. Still a snail off the line, but that's how this car is engineered. The gear ratios are high for Autobahn. Meh...

[Image: CoRWZHll.jpg]

Checked the Air Filter as well. Rather have a new one, so that's in the works.

[Image: WqVGFX1l.jpg]

Finally got the "Lowering" kit for the rear of the car haha. Really tempted to just reverse rake the shit out of it, but I'll wait till I order the coilovers.

[Image: RHzeWk5l.jpg]

To give you a idea of just how small they are haha. I'm going to need to fabricate a skid plate too unfortunately in the long run.

[Image: DU78jRWl.jpg]

RE: IRL rides - gas23 - 05-08-2015 01:46 PM

(05-08-2015 09:58 AM)TheTurbolessTurbo Wrote:  Now, my mom especially loves VW's and I have proposed the idea of a classic, 70's Beetle. She is fairly sold on the idea, but the only challenge is finding a clean, good condition one. If we find one, here is a list of possible mods I would like to do.

dude that's sick, I want an aircooled beetle so bad. If I was you though I wouldn't get any of those wheels, go with the classic steelies,

[Image: qwe_zpsf22b85f0.png]

or fuchs (50's split windows are the best lolol)

[Image: dyn001_original_800_373_jpeg_25928_77998...498095.jpg]

good luck with the car search!

RE: IRL rides - TheTurbolessTurbo - 05-08-2015 09:47 PM

(05-08-2015 01:46 PM)gas23 Wrote:  or fuchs (50's split windows are the best lolol)

Thanks bud! I doubt it'll be a 50's split window one, though. I love them, but if you ask me, they are a little too "nice" for a daily.

And, about the steelies, if I happen to buy a Beetle with the steelies already on, they'll probably be staying, but most of the cheap Beetles have aftermarket wheels already, and aftermarket wheels on cheap Beetles within my price range are quite cheap and tacky. All kinda depends.

(05-08-2015 01:46 PM)gas23 Wrote:  or fuchs (50's split windows are the best lolol)

Thanks bud! I doubt it'll be a 50's split window one, though. I love them, but if you ask me, they are a little too "nice" for a daily.

And, about the steelies, if I happen to buy a Beetle with the steelies already on, they'll probably be staying, but most of the cheap Beetles have aftermarket wheels already, and aftermarket wheels on cheap Beetles within my price range are quite cheap and tacky. All kinda depends.

RE: IRL rides - Sinister Shred - 05-09-2015 01:01 AM

I had a 67 bug for a couple of years. It had the stinger coming out of the back too, thing was loud! I wouldn't exactly call it reliable but, I've had far worse from newer cars.

Fun little cars!

My fleet. There's more, but I don't care to take pictures of all of them at the moment. Maybe in the near future.

03 Pt Cruiser. 2 12's in ported box, full upgraded sound system. Smoked tails.
[Image: tumblr_no1b7axVBa1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_no1b896jdN1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

At the drag strip on fresh rebuild...not my finest moment. It took a dump on me later that night actually.
[Image: tumblr_no1b99TA7u1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

05 Mini Cooper. Bone stock. Daily driver. factory stance lol.
[Image: tumblr_no1ba3SlIO1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

Tiny pic, I don't know what happened to the original photo. Also at the drag strip.
[Image: tumblr_no1bb8U5hv1uv32fvo1_250.jpg]

My 67 bug, before it was sold. Sad day Sad
[Image: tumblr_no1bciZTtm1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

...And last picture I care to upload...06 Buell Blast. Not much to say other than its not great.[Image: tumblr_no1bdexG2r1uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

Found a pic of my mis matched subs lol
[Image: tumblr_no1c45hjF81uv32fvo1_540.jpg]

RE: IRL rides - K24_EE4 - 05-13-2015 04:16 AM

sorry for the huge picture but... been doing a little work to the K24 Big Grin

[Image: 4h37dl.jpg]

holding off on doing much, but this fall i will be dumping 15K into the wagon to include the K24.. having a buddy of mine build me a custom Z1 trans with a 5.4 final drive and carbon synchros and a limited slip. also going to build the head with supertech valvetrain, brian crower NA cams, RRC DC5R intake manifold, then semi build the block with weisco 11:1 CR pistons, carrillo connecting rods, and sheepy built custom header. finish the K off with a rywire full tuck milspec harness and drop the K in so i can mark what all needs to be shaved in the bay.. pull the K back out and shave the bay then send the car off to get the body and paint done.. once its done with body and paint the wagon will be sent off to have a custom 8 point roll cage built then FINALLY get the car back and put everything together.. im hoping i will have it all done by the end of winter just in time for next years show season Big Grin

also i will be picking up a set of Mugen MF10L's for track days and using my Mugen RNR's for daily use

RE: IRL rides - PTARIStyle - 05-13-2015 04:25 AM

Keep us updated K24! Sounds like it has potential if the plans are followed through. I know Ry from Rywire, might be able to get you a small discount?

RE: IRL rides - K24_EE4 - 05-13-2015 05:10 AM

that would be AWESOME man!

im shooting for no more than 300whp NA. hopefully i hear something back from my buddy, we've been debating on making kevlar fenders, hood, and rear hatch.. i want to shed as much weight as possible.. id like for the car to tip in around 2,000lbs without my fatass lol.

i will be ordering some PCI sideskirts and a rear diffuser soon and my new chargespeed front lip should be here soon as well.

RE: IRL rides - HeyDayJordan - 05-24-2015 09:08 PM

Sorry I haven't done the stance comp these past couple of weeks.
With 2 jobs and more time going on my car, I just can't lol. Someone else can if they like.

Anyway, here's a little picture update on the Astina:

Firstly, I've been browsing through some US protege5 forums & found that the Honda rear wiper delete plugs fit on the BJ hatches.
I bought one for that cleaner look & also as the wiring was stuffed anyway. The motor is still good though.
[Image: DSC_0003_zpsc3defceo.jpg]
Next, I tried testing out Dad's wheels from his Getz. They cleared the brakes and springs much better than the stock wheels. Less than and inch clearance before.
[Image: DSC_0002_zpsop5q6wbm.jpg]
Full set on.
[Image: DSC_0001_zpsmvdzl6ns.jpg]
Purchased a new set of mags the next day.
[Image: DSC_0005_zpsggygxme1.jpg]
Rear shot. Much more flush than stock.
[Image: DSC_0006_zpsjdwmw7oi.jpg]
Removed the plastic strips from the doors last week and finished off some amber tint on the front indicators. Sides and rears will be done in a few weeks.
[Image: DSC_0016_zpshx5u9uzq.jpg]
You can see the damage in this shot.
[Image: DSC_0022_zpst2bxha6w.jpg]
I'm pretty happy with the result, I got Mum to take a pic. Smile
[Image: DSC_0025_zpsdhleelcv.jpg]
Better lighting.
[Image: DSC_0031_zpsgyiurvju.jpg]

So, big things I'd like to get done next are de-badging, bumper & door repairs, spot-lights, JDM MintBlue grille, Rhino wind fairing, wind-deflectors, some lower, new front lip. Maybe a respray?

RE: IRL rides - gas23 - 05-25-2015 03:29 PM

(05-24-2015 09:08 PM)HeyDayJordan Wrote:  [Image: DSC_0003_zpsc3defceo.jpg]

I just did this to the gti earlier this week haha.
Oh if everything goes as planned I'm buying bags next weekend.