Car Builder Forums
IRL rides - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: IRL rides (/showthread.php?tid=80)

RE: IRL rides - Sil80 - 01-15-2015 02:10 AM

First i need to get it up and running again and then i still need to mount the rocket bunny spoiler , still searching for some fender flares or wide fenders.
Also need some better seats and rear interior parts Big Grin

This is a rough sketch of what my goal is Tongue
I had to use the long champs since the Enkei Racing S (2pcs) arent in stuner

[Image: 1405472373716_zpse66caacd.jpg]

[Image: 1405472276540_zps5eaa095e.jpg]

[Image: 1405472290890_zps837e629a.jpg]

[Image: 1405472310742_zps59407d42.jpg]

RE: IRL rides - gas23 - 01-15-2015 11:35 AM

(01-14-2015 01:27 PM)K24_EE4 Wrote:  i wish there were evo wagons here in the states Sad

i have seen one but the guy was at a show and was from Canada

shit i wish we had EVO III's in the US.. UGH dream evo lol

I've only ever seen one lancer (never an evo) wagon ever, driving to first class fitment on some back road in Jersey haha.

Also that wagovan is sick, I love the k24 swap thing probably rips, and thank you for your service, are you back home or still deployed?

RE: IRL rides - K24_EE4 - 01-15-2015 11:48 AM

(01-14-2015 01:45 PM)emptypie Wrote:  I think someone could manage a front clip and drivetrain swap into on a CS wagon. I'm from Ontario, Canada btw; where exactly did you see the evo wagon. I see the odd CS wagon from time to time, seen a Evo 9 in the states once.

i spotted it at ForumFest last year at Pacific Raceway's in WA

(01-15-2015 11:35 AM)gas23 Wrote:  I've only ever seen one lancer (never an evo) wagon ever, driving to first class fitment on some back road in Jersey haha.

Also that wagovan is sick, I love the k24 swap thing probably rips, and thank you for your service, are you back home or still deployed?

Thank you for the support Smile

ive been back from Afghanistan for 2 years tomorrow..

thanks on the props.. the swap isnt done yet but i will hopefully have it done by the time ForumFest and HondaFest (HondaTech) rolls around.. i want to get it on the track baaaaaad.. ive heard of some issues with the rearend wanting to skip out in highspeed corners.. so id like to get it on the track asap and tweak my suspension

RE: IRL rides - gas23 - 01-15-2015 02:46 PM

That thing should be fun on the track man good luck!

RE: IRL rides - K24_EE4 - 01-16-2015 09:10 AM

(01-15-2015 02:46 PM)gas23 Wrote:  That thing should be fun on the track man good luck!

thank you.. we'll see. if i can get the suspension working the way i want it then it should be a blast.. after i get the swap in and the car acting right in corners then itll be time to add powarz!!! lol im only shooting for 250whp NA.. which is easily attainable with a K24A2 and a K20 head, boltons, and some head work

RE: IRL rides - AllOfTheCars - 01-19-2015 12:53 PM

I have posted mine in car requests, but the engine has seized up and now I need a new one.

RE: IRL rides - HoonLifeNZ - 01-24-2015 08:56 AM

Since im too young to have a licence im in the process of buying a ef fairmont falcon to use as a skid hack/ paddock hack and then drive it on the road when i get my licence in 10 months (cause its currently wofd and regd) In the process of buying it for $ 300

RE: IRL rides - gred - 02-25-2015 05:49 AM

all welded and other thingsBig Grin

[Image: 16635684232_15aa47179e_b.jpg]

more pics at my flickr.

RE: IRL rides - gas23 - 02-25-2015 05:54 AM

^ needs moar boso Tongue

edit: ayyy post 1000 wahoo

RE: IRL rides - TheTurbolessTurbo - 02-25-2015 09:39 AM

So, in less then 4 months I get my learners permit for driving and my first car will be my dads old 2003 Malibu. (not exact car pictured, but pictured car looks identical in trim, hubcaps, color etc)

[Image: hcB8NPOh.jpg]

Nothing terrible, but is not a looker nor a performer. I, as a teenager in high school, do not have a large enough sustainable income for a hardcore build, but ever since I was a kid, I have been saving money to buy a car at 16, but now that I don't need to, that money can go to mods. I want it to stand out and kind of represent that you can customize and 'stance' a car that has little to no aftermarket parts. So, my plans are as following:

-Strip the interior, find some fairly cheap racing seats, get a new wheel, and possibly take out the carpets

-Buy some white steelies, maybe Diamond Racing, maybe just some no name steelies, yet to be determined

-If I can't find any coil overs that fit, I will have to do the "ghetto" and "ricer" alternative and cut my springs. If you have any experience with doing such, please give me some input, but luckily we, as a car loving family, have car loving family friends who will be more then welcome to help me

-Engine mods are pretty much non-existant, as there isnt really anything that is available

So, my final thing is this vehicle will be a daily driver to school, theater practice, and social events during the weekend. It will be getting regular use. Now, this car isnt going to be a -15 camber street sweeper, scraping my exhaust down every road, but I want it to be lowered and maybe some camber. If someone has experience and can tell me what it is like living with a stanced car, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this post is long, but I figured the IRL Car thread on S-Tuner would be a fine place to ask for input, thanks guys.