Car Builder Forums
Accessories positioning - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Accessories positioning (/showthread.php?tid=3337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Accessories positioning - Admin - 07-03-2015 09:51 AM

Figured this might assist those people creating import files who want to use the generic parts that position themselves accordingly.

not expecting many to actually do it, but its pretty easy.

Essentially there is a handful of objects within the base model that define the location of parts like an Intercooler, Exhaust, Base of the roof etc.

All you need to do is create a single polygon object, and name the mesh as follows.

ExhaustPoint1 (place where the exhaust tip would end)
ExhaustPoint2 (as above if dual exhaust)
IntercoolerPoint (place at the bottom/front of where the Intercooler would sit)
MirrorPoint1 (only place on Left side of car, where the Mirror would typically sit against the front window.)
RoofPoint (just below the roofline, near the windscreen.)

RE: Accessories positioning - gred - 07-03-2015 10:58 AM

might try that,thanks...but,what does the roofpoint do? light bars?

RE: Accessories positioning - Admin - 07-03-2015 11:17 AM

roof racks/light bars, and from memory, the roll cages.

RE: Accessories positioning - gred - 07-03-2015 11:28 AM

ok i see...and one more thing,in my case i must allways reset the pivots to the world to have it where i need it,because if i dont,it will all get in middle anyway lel...so if i made a single polygon for the,lets say intercooler,and reset its pivot to world,wont the intercooler get in middle too?or its place is set only by the mesh itself,no pivot?

RE: Accessories positioning - Admin - 07-03-2015 01:24 PM

It should be looking at its real world position.

RE: Accessories positioning - GR8 OZ - 08-25-2015 12:00 PM

(07-03-2015 09:51 AM)Admin Wrote:  Figured this might assist those people creating import files who want to use the generic parts that position themselves accordingly.

not expecting many to actually do it, but its pretty easy.

Essentially there is a handful of objects within the base model that define the location of parts like an Intercooler, Exhaust, Base of the roof etc.

All you need to do is create a single polygon object, and name the mesh as follows.

ExhaustPoint1 (place where the exhaust tip would end)
ExhaustPoint2 (as above if dual exhaust)
IntercoolerPoint (place at the bottom/front of where the Intercooler would sit)
MirrorPoint1 (only place on Left side of car, where the Mirror would typically sit against the front window.)
RoofPoint (just below the roofline, near the windscreen.)

Now if only I understood how exactly to do this.....I could use the Mud tire I have downloaded and have the replace and respond as tires versus "object or object group".
Sorry, but some of this is over my head.
I know the language and jargon.....more than actually performing the tasks associated to them..... and I would kinda like to learn it better.

RE: Accessories positioning - Admin - 08-25-2015 01:39 PM

No way to have an imported tyre respond like the normal ones.

The tyres are procedurally generated, which is why there is the ability to have different sizes etc.
which means there isnt a mesh to simply replace.

RE: Accessories positioning - GR8 OZ - 08-25-2015 02:04 PM

(08-25-2015 01:39 PM)Admin Wrote:  No way to have an imported tyre respond like the normal ones.

The tyres are procedurally generated, which is why there is the ability to have different sizes etc.
which means there isnt a mesh to simply replace.

If I were to get you the base 3dt model.........[Image: image.jpg] [Image: image2.jpg]
would pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease replace the current off road tires with it, or add it as a swamp/mud tire.

No offence intended because I wouldn't know the first thing about what you do outside the jargon and names of things.....but your tire tread textures are a bit....meh, they look okay, but IDK I am trying to express opinion WITHOUT insult, and that never goes well int text format.

RE: Accessories positioning - K's Garage - 08-25-2015 02:10 PM

Check out the chunky tyre, instead of the off road one if you haven't already they look pretty good imo.

RE: Accessories positioning - GR8 OZ - 08-25-2015 02:13 PM

(08-25-2015 02:10 PM)Ks Garage Wrote:  Check out the chunky tyre, instead of the off road one if you haven't already they look pretty good imo.

I have no chunky tire option?