Car Builder Forums
Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Member Garages (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! (/showthread.php?tid=1464)

Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Juucso - 12-16-2014 03:26 AM

I bought this Supra for myself 8 months ago! She was in barn almost 6 year, because this old gentlemen was too old to drive and he couldn't let his supra go.

Oh, and did I tell you that this car is RHD! She were imported straight from Japan in 2004.

BTW she didn't have engine. Sad Luckily I did find one from supraforums!

[Image: 33e255i.jpg]

[Image: r09w7o.jpg]

I did drive 3hours to get my 2JZ-GTE and some good cleaning it looks good. Also I did go to titanmotorsport and picked up HKS 3.4L Stroker kit, HKS GT2835 twin turbo kit, ferrea valves, AEM V2 and some other little things. Smile I hope I'll get +1200hp numbers from rear wheels.

[Image: rvzsp1.jpg]

Engine is now ready and everything is polished, painted and installed!

[Image: 96g8hz.jpg]

I did paint engine bay gold and dropper engine and transmission in!

[Image: 11jlk74.jpg]

So... My wheels and Brembo brakes arrived today. Brakes are great, but my wheels.. F*CK! I think I might have to go widebody! Big Grin

[Image: r8wkev.jpg]

[Image: 35kk8j4.jpg]

Today HKS intercooler and Cusco 6 Point rollcage arrived!
Both were easy to install so I cleaned windows really good! They look like new now!

[Image: 2rf7ml4.jpg]

I have been thinking about that widebody.. Do I sell my wheels or do I order widebody and sell my UTV.

These widebodys would be perfect for my wheels

-TS GT300
-BNB
-TS Final Evolution

So I did sell my UTV and ordered widebody kit from Japan few weeks ago. I'm getting kinda excited now! I did some bodywork so dents are gone now!

Also I got some primer on it!

[Image: f3dsuu.jpg]

So.. Some of you might think that I have ruined supra, because my Air Suspension kit arrived! YAAS!

[Image: 2crnfb5.jpg]

[Image: 5wz3uq.jpg]

It could go lower, but then wheels would hit fenders!

Mmmm.. Top Secret! Quick test fit.
Fits
[Image: KTqZ3FO.gif]

[Image: 27xhrtl.jpg]

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Juucso - 12-16-2014 04:42 AM

She is now painted! Color is FFD700, wheel faces are painted in same color!
I did also get HKS Titanium 4" exhaust system!

[Image: 2mgupa0.jpg]

[Image: 25a1z7c.jpg]

I don't really know should I get GT Wing or not. Hmmmm Wink

So. I did see this ARP GT500 wing for sale on supraforums and picked it up. Luckily I had some paint leftover so I painted it!

Looks much better!

[Image: 124g6jk.jpg]

[Image: 16m0e14.jpg]

I have been shearing for TS carbon hood and MVP did manage to get one for me! It looks amazing and it is much lighter than that fiberglass one!

[Image: 2d7yn7o.jpg]

I think she is ready. For now! Wink

[Image: 2hicn5w.jpg]

[Image: 33be7it.jpg]

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Tofu_Warrior - 12-16-2014 06:24 AM

Paul Walker, dat you?

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - emptypie - 12-16-2014 07:53 AM

Love be how you used the engine lift in the workshop for the engine. I don't think thats ever been done before. IMO I'd say tone down the yellow colour on the car, maybe just paint the body that colour and the wing and wheels different.

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Juucso - 12-16-2014 09:38 AM

(12-16-2014 07:53 AM)emptypie Wrote:  Lobe be how you used the engine lift in the workshop for the engine. I don't think thats ever been done before. IMO I'd say tone down the yellow colour on the car, maybe just paint the body that colour and the wing and wheels different.

Thanks for the tips! Smile

No one said that this project is 100% ready yet. Wink

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - PTARIStyle - 12-16-2014 05:59 PM

Thanks, cool project. But maybe do this in your existing garage and not create a new thread for it? imo

RE: Supra MKIV project. Barn find! - Juucso - 12-16-2014 06:53 PM

(12-16-2014 05:59 PM)PTARIStyle Wrote:  Thanks, cool project. But maybe do this in your existing garage and not create a new thread for it? imo

I were thinking about it, but some other members did like this also so I thinked that this would be okay. Smile