Car Builder Forums
Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Printable Version

+- Car Builder Forums (http://www.stuner.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Car Builder (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: STuner.net (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Pages: 1 2 3

Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Argonaut - 10-14-2014 09:16 AM

Hi there,

It literally kills to see my creations sit there on a web page doing nothing but being screenshot bait when I have the tools and skills available to get a decent model with a couple of added textures and all doors/parts mapped out into GTA IV within half a day's work.

I mean, to quote the intro, the images I create will be of personal use only which would then be modified into my own work through alterations in 3DS Max-there are many reasons why this is just an extension of the editor, you just get a downloadable version of it which you could say that after exporting, stuner.net is not responsible for any actions you choose to do with that model, ie wiping your hands clean of any possible threats that could point back to this website.

See? Practically everybody's happy. Apart from Ebola. He's never happy. Just an idea that i'd love to see your opinions upon.

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - gred - 10-14-2014 10:04 AM

(10-14-2014 09:16 AM)Argonaut Wrote:  Practically everybody's happy. Apart from Ebola. He's never happy.

i just have to laugh here,hahaha

anyway if this would get in,then 3ds format for zmodeler users would be fine,too...i wouldnt use it anyway,i dont rly think i will ever do something for gta again,lol...

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Random_Psycho - 10-14-2014 10:22 AM

I try modding my gta before wasn't to happy when all the cops turn into elephants and police cars were invisible Undecided

still be kinda cool to use some of my cars in a game or two

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - gas23 - 10-14-2014 10:33 AM

(10-14-2014 10:22 AM)Random_Psycho Wrote:  I try modding my gta before wasn't to happy when all the cops turn into elephants and police cars were invisible Undecided

hahahaha this is why I nevered modded GTA Confused

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - gred - 10-14-2014 10:43 AM

modding gta isnt really hard,but i guess its abit easyer for me to say that since i was in gta sa modding business for 7 years,lol...from the games i happened to sucefully do a mod for them,probably LFS was the hardest one,this game is so modding unfriendly so it hurts...placing textures by numbers and such was quite a pain in the ass,also you had to set the car on the wheels,you couldnt move them....maybe some new ways appeared,but im not interested in it anymore...

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Racedriver117 - 10-14-2014 11:36 AM

(10-14-2014 10:43 AM)gred Wrote:  modding gta isnt really hard,but i guess its abit easyer for me to say that since i was in gta sa modding business for 7 years,lol...from the games i happened to sucefully do a mod for them,probably LFS was the hardest one,this game is so modding unfriendly so it hurts...placing textures by numbers and such was quite a pain in the ass,also you had to set the car on the wheels,you couldnt move them....maybe some new ways appeared,but im not interested in it anymore...
One Question Gred if you can answer it..um How can i import one of the models that i made into sketchup?

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - gred - 10-14-2014 11:37 AM

Racedriver117:i cant,i never used sketchupUndecided...i converted few cars from it,but usally friends got me somehow models out of it...

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Racedriver117 - 10-14-2014 11:42 AM

(10-14-2014 11:37 AM)gred Wrote:  Racedriver117:i cant,i never used sketchupUndecided...i converted few cars from it,but usally friends got me somehow models out of it...
Oh that okay then.Sleepy

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - Argonaut - 10-15-2014 04:45 AM

(10-14-2014 11:36 AM)Racedriver117 Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 10:43 AM)gred Wrote:  modding gta isnt really hard,but i guess its abit easyer for me to say that since i was in gta sa modding business for 7 years,lol...from the games i happened to sucefully do a mod for them,probably LFS was the hardest one,this game is so modding unfriendly so it hurts...placing textures by numbers and such was quite a pain in the ass,also you had to set the car on the wheels,you couldnt move them....maybe some new ways appeared,but im not interested in it anymore...
One Question Gred if you can answer it..um How can i import one of the models that i made into sketchup?

Depends, what format are you beginning with? Really want to get Admin attention with this and see what he/she says..

RE: Potential Model Export option? (.obj/etc) - gred - 10-15-2014 04:49 AM

Argonaut:i know working with dff,wich is gta sa models format,the most ofc,but i used to convert cars from all kinds of formats...